Converting LMDE into Debian Testing: Results
posted on 25 Apr 2013 | linux
Yesterday, I replaced the LMDE entries in my sources.list with entries for Debian Testing. Then I ran a dist-upgrade.
685 upgraded, 10 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 581 MB of archives. After this operation, 32.8 MB disk space will be freed.
I'm not sure exactly how long the process took, but it was done within a couple hours. When I came back to my laptop, all text was invisible. This problem went away after a reboot.
I haven't removed all installed mint packages yet, and I plan to stay with Cinnamon. As such, everything feels quite the same. In fact, I'd have a hard time pointing out any changes at all. The only significant thing I've gained from this endeavor is the knowledge that my packages will now be more up to date.comments powered by Disqus