More Online EDA Thoughts - Upverter/Circuits.IO
posted on 30 Jan 2013 | comparison
Some little annoyances I came up with as I was drawing out a simple Micro USB breakout board.
- A layout measurement tool would help while drawing part footprints
- Can't set default part prefix when creating/editing a part
- The part update notification is great, but could use some ironing
- Footprint rotation is in radians? Seriously?
- No way to edit text in layout
- Can't put text on a copper layer
- Tooltips can really get in your way (a problem when you're zoomed in on a layout)
- Orders allow negative qty all the way up until order submission
- Credit card details are saved without any permission (not okay!)
- What's with the project urls? http://upverter.com/GeorgeHahn/3d6ead6de4b3dbee/MicroUSB-Breakout-Board/
- Footprint creation is
clunkyterrifying (bad enough I didn't even try to finish making my part).
- On the schematic symbol editor (http://www.circuits.io/schematic_symbols/1202/edit), the user as asked to enter a 'coma-separated list' comma.
- Schematic symbol page shows a hex number for the user: